Monday, July 9, 2012

FabScraps CHA Sneakpeak.

 

 CHA is now officially less than a week away and I am anxious to see all of the new lines closeup and personal!! One line that you are going to love is FabScraps summer line. It is just gorgeous!! I have only scratched the surface working with these gorgeous papers. They are perfect to scrap your summer beach themed layouts and projects. And the chip board pieces that coordinate with all of the papers are also amazing! However you prepare your chip board, paint stain distress emboss, you are going to have fun with these!!
A few years ago on a trip to my parents house, we spent the day in Cape Harbour at the Yacht Club near their home on the water. It was a gorgeous day. I snapped this pic of my dad looking out at the harbor and admiring all of the beautiful boats coming in.

I hope you like these sneaks of the new FabScraps line. I have another layout with a different color theme coming up soon. The colors of the sea and sky are just beautiful!! Just wait and see...



 I painted the Captains Wheel with acrylic paint, then wove some hemp around it.Once again, I uses sea shells and gauze for that seaside theme. And I touched everything up with gesso. The other flowers are all pieces from my past Swirlydoos kits. Prima and Petaloo flowers always sprinkle our kits.


I created the blue flower. You can find my tutorial for the Floriano Flower HERE.  
The tiny leaves were created  using Martha Stewarts Rose Leaf punch. I folded them in half, inked the crease and edges, then opened them up and curled them a bit for texture.

  I did some journaling in the tear out.


I used a piece of the box that my product came in to create the photo mat since the papers had the same corrugated box design  on them.  I just did a little distressing with texture paste and acrylic paint. I used some hemp to circle the photo of my dad, then just trailed a tail off to the side and looping it a couple of times.


Directions.
(C50 Summer Collection)

1. Using C50 005, cut an 8 1/2 inch x 12 inch strip.
2. Using a decorative punch, punch both long sides of the paper.
3. Adhere to the middle of another C50 005 piece on the opposite pattern side. Your background paper will be the lighthouses side up and the strip will be the polka dots side up.
4. Use a piece of corrugated cardboard for your photo mat. Tear away parts of the paper on top, paint, and use texture paste to distress further until desired distressing is done.
5. Mount your photo onto the mat slightly off center.
6. Adhere your mounted photo to the left side of your layout.
7. Tear the middle of your punched strip all the way to the photo and fold it back as shown. Adhere the flaps to secure them.
8.Add a piece of the lined paper from the MC50 001 Die Cut Journal Book under the peekaboo tear out. Use this spot for journaling.
9. Arrange your shells and gauze in and around the inside of the tear and fold back.
10. Arrange your flowers and leaves around the outer edges of the tear out.
11. Arrange a smaller cluster of shells leaves and flowers to the outer left bottom edge of photo.
12. Mat the YACHT CLUB sign from the MC50 001 Die Cut Journal Book onto a scrap piece of C50 005 and adhere to the top left side of your layout.
13. Paint the Captains Steering Wheel from the DC50 007 set using white and red paint.
14. Wrap some jute around the wheel.
15. Place the wheel onto the layout as shown and curl a small piece of jute into the center of the wheel.
16. Take some jute and adhere it in a circle around the photo, leaving a tail to trail off the photo and onto the layout.
17. Finish the layout by randomly painting texture paste and paint onto the flowers, shells, gauze, jute and edges of the tear outs.
18. Journal in the tear out.

7 comments:

  1. Lisa, what an amazing LO. Love all the dimension and texture you created here!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Where in SW Florida are you? I live in Fort Myers, I have been following your blog for a while and it wasnt until today that I realize we might be close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textures. I love the life preserver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, stylish summer layout! It looks great. You lucky girl have summer all year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO gorgeous Lisa, your work always inspires me! So summery and perfect!

    Love, Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aqua and red color combo...and who says you cannot use blooms on a masculine layout...you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!